It’s important to remind ourselves every day what we are grateful for. It’s vital to truly appreciate all the good things in your life, and this appreciation acts as a gateway for more positive things to flow towards you. Choose to focus on the little things that make you happy, and fill each day with these things as much as possible. Put your focus onto the good things, and lead your mind astray from negativity. Reminding yourself what you’re grateful for can aid this process.
Gratitude plays a sincere role in the law of attraction. It heightens your vibration and allows you to connect more directly to the universe, and become aligned more with its positive energies. It’s important to be grateful for what you have now, and also to be grateful for the things that you want but have not yet physically received. This well help the process of ‘acting as if’ – if you act like you already have what you desire and truly feel gratitude towards it – you are well on the way to attracting these desires into your physical reality. This works in a way that the universe acknowledges these things are already yours, and so will find the quickest route possible to give them to you in physical form.
For example, if you want to attract more love into your life, practice gratitude for all the love you currently do have in your life. Tell your loved ones you love them more, spread love to wherever you go, perform more charitable acts, etc. If you truly feel love and are honestly grateful for it then you will attract more of it into your life.
1. don't give in to the pressures from other people. do what you want to do and don't apologise for putting yourself first if it's necessary
2.it's important to spend some time alone every now and then. being your own best friend is vital. discern what makes you who you are, and treasure it
3.engage in the marvels of the universe, whether it be reading up about astrology or watching an astronomy documentary. look out your window more often. understanding the vastness of the universe will gain a good perspective
4. although sometimes you cannot change your emotions, your thoughts are what you have the sole power to alter. try your hardest to maintain positive thinking, especially on your down days
5. practice self love. take care of your skin. take pride in your appearance. spend quality time with yourself indulging in the things that you love
6. adapt to a sleeping routine, and give yourself plenty of time to relax and unwind before going to sleep. a good quality of sleep is essential for your mind to restore
7. educate yourself! in this day and age we're lucky to have so many resources that enable us to learn. take advantage of this and widen your knowledge to enhance your perspective on life
8. don't be too hard on yourself. you're only human, you can't do everything perfectly. always choose to look on the bright side and keep patience
9. treasure your memories. make memory boards, scrapbooks, photo albums, memory boxes or anything of the like. there are plenty of memories you're in the process of making now that you will want to look back on when you're older
10. keep organised. accomplish what you need to do ahead of its deadline to minimise stress, and pace yourself through all of your projects to make the most of your capability. allow yourself plenty of time to get things done to the highest quality you can. making to-do lists can help to accomplish this
Here’s a list of my favourite quotes that I’ve managed to narrow down to 10. These are the ones that have seemed to stuck with me the most after many years of stumbling upon quotes such as these on the internet. They’ve all managed to alter my perspective in one way or another, and I hope that they inspire you.
- “All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible” – T. E. Lawrence
- “The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours – it is an amazing journey – and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins” – Bob Moawad
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars” – Les Brown
- “Nothing is impossible for the universe to manifest. If you are feeling that what you want is too ‘big’ for the universe, take a walk outside, look around you, and think about our planet: the oceans, the plains, the forests, the jungles, the animals, the trees, and every piece of vegetation on our planet. Look up into the sky and think about our solar system, our Milky Way, and all the millions of galaxies that contain billions of stars that go on forever. The infinite intelligence of the universe created it all. Then think again about what you are wanting… how ‘big’ do you think it is now?” – from the book ‘The Secret’
- “It always seems impossible, until it is done” – Nelson Mandela
- “Learn how to see. Realise that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain” – Jack Kerouac
- “We betray our true selves when we do not follow the heart’s desire, for what the heart is attracted to, is your destiny” – Leon Brown
- “You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endures. A fear of time running out” – Mitch Albom
A universal law that I’ve been studying for a while now is the law of attraction. It is a law that exists within the universe that I have believed in for years, and there are things that have occurred within my own personal life to make me believe even more that it truly does work. For those who have never heard of the law of attraction, or are new to studying it, I thought I would break it down into its key elements to make it easier to understand.
(Please note that the following points are based off of knowledge that I have gained from studying the Law of Attraction, and are made up of concepts that I have read, learned about and acquired over a number of years. The following points were not taken from anywhere specific, but rather are a build up of my own learning and understanding)
The law of attraction explained simply:
♡ The Law of Attraction is a universal law which states that you attract what you give most of your focus and attention to
♡ There is nothing you cannot have, if you understand how to use the Law of Attraction
♡ You must adjust your frame of mind to fit the idea that your thoughts alone are powerful enough to create your own reality
♡ If you visualise what you desire, the universe will manifest this desire, provided that you have the belief that your desires will become physical reality
♡ The universe works in such a way that it responds to the energy that you give to it. If you focus on putting positive energy into the universe, the universe has no choice but to reward you with positive experiences
♡ You must ‘act as if’. Feel as if you already have what you desire. Feel as if it’s already happening to you. You must act as if everything you desire is already your reality. Then, the universe must give it to you
The YouTube channel ‘Youarecreators’ (https://www.youtube.com/user/YouAreCreators)
has a lot of information on the Law of Attraction, how it works, and how to use it correctly in order to manifest your desires. One of my favourite videos of theirs will be posted below. I encourage everybody to go to their channel, and take the time to watch their videos because I feel that they explain the concepts in the most detailed yet simplest way possible.
Never underestimate the power of doubt. Doubt is capable of shattering dreams, and robbing you of your self-value. It is important to recognise that you are more powerful than doubt could ever be, and you must not allow it to take control over your thoughts, life and energy. Believing that you can achieve your goals is the key foundation for creating them as your reality. It’s important that you never let doubt win. As long as you remain focused on your goals and believe that you have the capability to achieve them, and are deserving of them, then you can marvel at anything. Self-doubt is so common nowadays that it could almost be labelled as second nature, but I cannot express enough how much you should never let doubt overrule your potential. Never let anybody tell you that your dreams are too big, or that they are unattainable, and do not believe that yourself, because it is far from the truth. If you maintain a solid belief within yourself that you are capable, and tolerate the patience that it takes to achieve your desires, you will. It’s a long road, and will start with small steps first. But if you believe in yourself, subconsciously you will take the necessary steps needed to achieve your goals. If you want something enough, you need to trust that you will do everything you can to get it, and you won’t stop until you do.
Doubt will constantly be your biggest enemy, but only if you let it. It’s important that you erase its power from your life, and understand that you alone can create your own life.
I’m going to write an extremely honest post, just because I feel it necessary. Something that I’ve learned along my journey of maximising my inner happiness, is that it is extremely important to live for yourself, and not for other people. A personal quality of mine that I take pride in is my willingness to help other people as best I can. I find myself in multiple situations where I put my closest friends’ happiness before my own, out of choice, because I truly do get a rewarding feeling from helping people that I love. I never help people for selfish reasons, it purely stems from the fact that because there is so much bad in this world, I want to do the best I can to improve it, and therefore I make other people feel good as best as I can, because their happiness does make me happy, and I do this without expecting anything in return. However, I must highlight the importance of self love. Sometimes, trying so hard to make other people happy can draw you away from this concept. Sometimes, you can become so caught up in satisfying others that you don’t always do what’s best for yourself, and unfortunately, sometimes your loss is their gain. I’m not trying to say that it’s a bad thing to make people you love feel happy, and I know that I would always put their happiness before my own. However, that can sometimes cause a problem. It’s important to look out for yourself. For example, you should never feel like you should do something you don’t want to do just for the sake of someone’s satisfaction, because this can end up damaging you. As ‘selfish’ as some people may label it, it’s important to do things for yourself, and to do what ever makes you happy. The reason I believe this to such a large extent is because at the end of the day, you are the only person who lives your life. You are the only person who knows yourself, inside and out, because its only you that lives inside your head, and you are the only person who is powerful enough to create your own reality. The point I’m really getting at is that you must never sacrifice your self happiness for the sake of somebody else, because you are the person who is making your life the best it can possibly be. It’s so important to live for yourself, stay true to yourself, stay grounded, stand up for what you believe in, and not to give too much of yourself to others, especially when they don’t return what you give. Don’t live to impress other people, and always strive to be the best version of yourself, give an abundant of love to people who give it back to you. Take care of yourself. Fill each day with what makes you happy. Never lose yourself at the expense of other people, because at the end of your life the only person that you can guarantee is going to be at the end of your journey is yourself. It’s important to be your own best friend.
Today I’ve decided to share a concept that I have become accustomed to over the past few weeks. Since summer break began, I have set myself the goal of improving my mind and therefore my life, having gone through a bit of a rough few months beforehand. On this journey, there have been a lot of lessons I have learnt, which have made me an allround happier and more enthusiastic person. One of these things is fully understanding the importance of ‘in the moment’, not just simply living in the moment but appreciating things, as they are, in the moment, with the subconscious understanding that they are not going to exist beyond that moment in time. It’s important to note that all you have in the world is the moment that you’re in, which is a very difficult concept to grasp. Everything before the moment does not now exist, and everything to come after the moment does not exist yet. I believe that when you start to acknowledge this simple concept, and begin to cherish every moment you’re given, you will make all the steps necessary to gain what you desire. Make the most of every moment because each moment is a step toward what you truly want. After all, all that you desire is waiting for you, and every moment of your life leads you there, in one way or another. Try to embrace each moment you’re given by trying your hardest to be the happiest and most positive person you can be. Feel the positivity in every moment, and feel it intensely. Choose to act in the best way you possibly can to make each moment the best it can be for yourself. Remember that you create your own reality.